Sunday, December 27, 2009

Goodbye desk job, hello world!

Hello World.

My name is Audrey Brodsky, and I've wanted to be an actress for as far back as I can remember.

Growing up in Hollywood, Iowa, (which, by the way, is the corn maze capital of the world) I never felt like I fit in. Other kids would tease me by calling me "Odd" Brodsky. I knew I needed to get out of that place, and at the age of 22, I headed west to Los Angeles, California to follow my dream. When I arrived I took a steady day job to earn money, and found I was really good at it. I blinked my eyes and realized that 10 years had gone by!

I can't do this job any longer. It's sucking my soul. I need to be creative. I want to be a star. And so I've decided to do it. I've given notice, and I'm quitting my job. As of January 7, 2008 I will be free to pursue my calling. Goodbye money. Goodbye security. Hello life!

Don't worry --I have enough money saved in the bank to last for 6 months, which should be plenty of time to make it in this town! However: if I fail, I'll have to crawl back to the rat-race, and go back to doing a job I hate. But that's not going to happen!

This blog will document my journey to stardom.
Wish me luck! And please stay tuned...

Audrey

1 comment:

Debbie Downer said...

OH Audrey! I most certainly can relate! :) I know you will make it! I'll be rooting for you all the way. :) Please keep us posted on your journey!

Oh and btw.. I too love Harold and Maude and The Secret!